“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.” Mahatma Gandhi
“Effective marketing requires data, but senior managers aren’t concerned with every scrap of it. They want a clear view of how your customers behave and how marketing projects impact revenue. To keep your senior managers in the loop without wasting their time, present them with these metrics.”
“Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” – Jim Rohn
No matter the size of your business every penny you spend & every hour you commit to your marketing has to count towards you achieving your business goals.
Promotion is an important part in your marketing efforts but ‘effective marketing’, the entire marketing that satisfies the needs of your customers is so much more. You can have a great promotional campaign but if your product or service isn’t wanted or you are charging prices that are above what your target customers will pay then it will struggle to deliver.
To have ‘effective marketing’ you need to consider a wider range of factors than just promotion. Much of it isn’t difficult with the result being that it can transform the impact of your marketing. Here are just a few ideas:
• Start with product. Give customers what they need not what you think they need. Think wider than the actual product – consider the other features that surround your product – delivery methods and times, guarantees, installations, refunds, exchange policies – all of which can make your product or service more attractive.
• Speak to your customers. Ask them what they need and want from you. Find out what they think of your product or service and how it can be improved.
• Ask your customers for reviews. If they are liking what you do then encourage them to share with others what they think of your product and to post reviews on-line.
• Regularly monitor your sector and competitors. Consider how tastes are changing or new products are being launched and adapt where necessary.
• Make it easy for people to acquire your product. That maybe how they can find you or buy your product on-line. Make sure your website is mobile responsive and is search engine optimised.
• Develop your team. Ensure that everyone who works for you has great knowledge about your business and offer. Ensure they also have the right attitude & provide the level of service your customers would expect.
• Be responsive to your customers. Ensure you follow up on enquiries quickly – not many buy products or services from a company they have had to chase or have had to wait a long time to respond.
• Deal with customer complaints well. No doubts you have all had customers who haven’t been completely satisfied but how you deal and resolve their compliant will make all the difference to whether they buy from you again or recommend you to others.
• Measure, measure, measure. If you don’t measure your marketing you can’t understand, control or improve it. Use tools such as Google Analytics to see how well your website is working, monitor your email performance or conduct market research to understand what your target audience think about you and your product or service.
No matter the size of your business every penny you spend & every hour you commit to your marketing has to count towards you achieving your business goals. At our next e-nexus marketing seminar taking place on Monday 23rd July in Southbourne, Bournemouth, we will enable you to boost the effectiveness of your marketing without spending a fortune by:
• Considering why marketing fails
• Looking at other key areas of marketing as well as promotion
• Giving you ideas on how you can better measure the impact of your marketing
Who should attend?
This seminar is ideal for anyone who wants to get more out of their marketing, whatever the size of business or budget.
The seminar is hosted by Richard Milton – a career long marketer who specialises in marketing strategy, performance and measurement. Richard spends his time working with business owners, managers and marketers, supporting them to improve their marketing decisions, investments and impact.
Book NOW to claim your ticket – space is limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
17.30 – Registration & networking
18.00 – Seminar
19.15 – Q&A
19.30 – Seminar closes
Brewhouse & Kitchen – Southbourne
147 Parkwood Road
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten. Quote – Tony Robbins
Thoroughly enjoyed speaking at today’s BH on the Go event organised by Bournemouth Chamber. Great to meet so many new people. Hope everyone got a few hints and tips to take away to enhance their marketing #measure4success